News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Jet Conversion Question

Started by Janos Regn, September 30, 2009, 03:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janos Regn

I'm modifying a JET DC100, I am doing the same conversion as TimmyG. I have all of it done, but I am trying to fugure out how far the outlet pipe from the DC barrel should be inserted to the top plate, The other Question is that the inlet to the DC barrel is 5" and the inlet to the DC impeller is 6". What I'm asking is will the larger dia. make a diffenrence in air speed, I have been unsuccesfull in my iposting on this site. So I am asking for some help??????

phil (admin)

I'm not sure if I understand fully (let me know if I'm not answering your question).  But...

The baffle should be 1/2" to 1" below the bottom of the inlet.

And no, moving from a 5" on the barrel to 6" on the DC is fine.  It would be better to use 6" throughout, but moving from 5" to 6" will work fine as long as you can find the right adapters to get them connected.

Janos Regn

Hey thank You for the info and Email,

You did answer one question about placement of baffle.

If you look at this link http://www.jpthien.com/smf/index.php?topic=227.0   And look at the third picture. there is a metal fitting adapting it to his Grizzly DC, I don't know what size his is but mine is 5"

in the same photo look at the flex pipe going to the impeller from the top of his DC (Green Part) (again I don't know what size his is) I am doing the same but mine is 6". This is what I was asking, if I have a 5" into the DC then it goes thru the Thien setup it would come out of the center to the impeller/motor all of which is 6". Do you think that this would present problem for effiecentcy?

Ok final Question, The flex pipe he has going into the top of the DC, How far into the DC should the pipe go before it hits the Thien Baffle?

Thank You for you're patience

phil (admin)

Quote from: Janos Regn on September 30, 2009, 08:26:42 PM
This is what I was asking, if I have a 5" into the DC then it goes thru the Thien setup it would come out of the center to the impeller/motor all of which is 6". Do you think that this would present problem for effiecentcy?

Nope, it will work even better.  Better to have an outlet that is larger than the inlet.

Quote from: Janos Regn on September 30, 2009, 08:26:42 PM
Ok final Question, The flex pipe he has going into the top of the DC, How far into the DC should the pipe go before it hits the Thien Baffle?

About 1/4 to 1/3 the distance to the baffle.  So I'm guessing about two inches.

Janos Regn

That was exactly wahat I was looking for.

Well just got back from running some scrap to the local yard and actually walked out with 2 squerrll cage fans. Now I'm on the mission to see what the CFM is there made buy a company called GreenHeck Fans Model# sp-127, I looked it up and can't seem to finds much on them.

Is the CFM a nesseccety to know so that i can build an appropiete sized box?? If anyone has some ifno to be shared I would greatfull