Found that Dust Deputy review

Started by phil (admin), September 24, 2008, 12:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil (admin)

I know a lot of people have asked how well a baffle-equipped separator works compared to a real cyclone.  Some people have expressed surprise that some flour is able to get by the baffled separator.  I know I have read posts on various woodworking forums that leave the impression that a "true" cyclone "gets it all."

The photo below shows the bottom of a Dust Deputy bin and the bottom of the shop vac that powered it after a little use.  I'd guess there is less than a quart of dust in the Dust Deputy bin, and there is already a decent sized "swoosh" in the bottom of the shop vac.

I've also read reports from objective Oneida and ClearVue users that clearly indicate that they do, in fact, get a decent amount of flour to their filter stacks.  How much obviously depends on many factors, but nobody gets nuttin'.   ;D

My point isn't to claim my baffle design outperforms a true cyclone.

The point is to reset the expectations of those expecting any separator technology to get 100% of the entrained particles.

The photo accompanied a review of the DD in Power Woodworking magazine, March 2008 issue.