Too much dust getting through to the collector

Started by Nate, May 14, 2021, 09:37:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nate

Hello everyone that hears me!!
I have a situation that needs addressing. I am hoping to make continual tweaks until I get this thing dialed in. My first change was lowering the baffle 1 1/2". I originally had it adjusted to about 1/2" below the 45 degree inlet. My next thought is to adjust the angle in which that inlet is currently set. I would love to hear some feedback of what I am doing wrong. I will post more pictures or take more measurements to work through.
Thanks ahead of time for your time....

Nate

Nate

I can only upload 1 picture at a time due to size.

Nate

No empty body either... :o :o

Schreck

Your inlet discharges right into the slot and this is likely disturbing the air below the baffle.  Try rotating your baffle 120 degrees so the discharge lands on the non-slot segment of the baffle. 

I don't see any foam weatherstripping where the trash can touches the separator.  Air leaking into the separator here is not good.

bbain

Along with the suggestion above to move the inlet to the correct position at the start of the solid part of the baffle plate, Your baffle plate is really thick as well. I would at least bevel the edges of the drop slot, if not replace it with 1/4" material.  Air is hitting those flat edges and causing turbulence that can contribute to pulling dust up out of the lower chamber.