Delta 50-866 -adapting this design to my DC - will this work?

Started by lelandschultz, July 20, 2014, 09:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil (admin)

I wouldn't hesitate to add baffles, just up-size that 3" pipe to the filter to 6" or 8".

tommitytomtom

Yes. I'm interested to see as well. Show us some pics too please.

lelandschultz

On the 240 degree cutout, where should it be orientated as to relation to the incoming air flow?
And I will upgrade to a 6 or 8" opening...I currently have a 8" opening but no pipe..would it be best to have a hose/pipe and if so how far down should it protrude?

ducky911

the cutout 240 degree ends where the dust comes in or the non cut out part starts just below where the dust comes in.

I not sure now what you are making. There are two thien things you could try.

1. An internal baffle which is just one piece of wood (240 cut out ) in your machine...This will improve dust getting to your filter. How much I am not sure but wild guess; half. The good thing is that very little change in air flow.

2. Build a top hat: Which I think you are talking about because you asked how far a pipe should protrude.  I would stay with the 8" from the blower to the tophat but switch to 6" for dust duct. 8" pipe should protrude about 2/3 of the way into the tophat. You might read here about retired2 build. Mind you will see your 2400 cfms drop to 1450 plus or minus  but your filter will see little dust at all.