How far in from the original size of the baffle

Started by Kesmbr/Milw, November 12, 2008, 12:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kesmbr/Milw

Phil
How far in do I make my cut on the baffle for a 5 gallon pale and how much do I cut out on the baffle? I tried to search the site for a answer but could not find one.
                                      Thank You Very Much
                                          Kesmbr/Milw.

phil (admin)

There are no plans that specifically address cans/buckets on a size by size basis.  You have to size the top for the 5-gallon bucket by measuring it.  Then you have to center the outlet, and position the inlet so it is as close to the side of the bucket as possible.

Kesmbr/Milw

I don't think I explained myself very clearly here. You have a circle about the diameter of the bucket and there is a cutout that looks to go about 3/4 around the diameter of the baffle. ? how far in do I make that
3/4 cut around and is there a distance where I start and stop that cut. Sorry I hope I'm making since.

Kesmbr/Milw

Kesmbr/Milw

Phil
You do not have to answer my question. I think I found it in a old post.

Kesmbr/Milw

dbhost

Not sure if I did mine completely right, but I measured in 1-1/8" and using a large compass I drew the inner circle, then measured the circumference, divided by 3, and marked those spots, ran my radial lines to the center and cut out the outer ring except for that remaining 1/3 on the band saw / jig saw...

phil (admin)

Kesmbr/Milw

Thanks for the reply, I did find the answer in a very old post. I just wasn't getting the idea of cutting out
240 degrees and the 1 1/8 or 1/4 depending on the size of the baffle. Again Thank You.
                                                Kesmbr/Milw.

rnease

Quote from: dbhost on November 13, 2008, 09:51:11 AM
Not sure if I did mine completely right, but I measured in 1-1/8" and using a large compass I drew the inner circle, then measured the circumference, divided by 3, and marked those spots, ran my radial lines to the center and cut out the outer ring except for that remaining 1/3 on the band saw / jig saw...