News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

SPAM morons...

Started by phil (admin), July 30, 2011, 09:28:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil (admin)

Sorry for the spam nonsense.  I just changed the settings so new members first posts have to be approved before they will appear.

phil (admin)

Woops, that didn't work as expected.

dabullseye

no matter what u do they will find a way it just makes more sense to make the web more safer and prosecute these people and force them to know there are penalties for making the web a safe place. why cant these people get a life rather than collecting a few bucks. this world has gone to the trailer trash people and i hope some day people will wake up and realize what the web can do rather than trying to be greedy and collect a few bucks

phil (admin)

Quote from: dabullseye on July 31, 2011, 02:53:09 PM
no matter what u do they will find a way it just makes more sense to make the web more safer and prosecute these people and force them to know there are penalties for making the web a safe place. why cant these people get a life rather than collecting a few bucks. this world has gone to the trailer trash people and i hope some day people will wake up and realize what the web can do rather than trying to be greedy and collect a few bucks

I believe you are preaching to the choir.   ;D

Vodkaman

On another forum, I was prevented from posting links or pics, until I had made ten posts. I now understand the reason why. I think ten is a bit excessive. Something similar could be done here, were the new user has to gain permission to post links for say the first five posts. More work for you though.

I guess it is possible to install software that scans the early posts for links and prevents the post from being submitted, but I don't know much about this.

Dave

phil (admin)

Quote from: Vodkaman on July 31, 2011, 09:12:00 PM
On another forum, I was prevented from posting links or pics, until I had made ten posts. I now understand the reason why. I think ten is a bit excessive. Something similar could be done here, were the new user has to gain permission to post links for say the first five posts. More work for you though.

I guess it is possible to install software that scans the early posts for links and prevents the post from being submitted, but I don't know much about this.

Dave

Yeah, I was hoping I'd be able to set things so I'd have to okay the first post.

Still looking into it.  The support forum for the software hasn't resulted in any ideas yet.