News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Upgraded to SMF 2.0

Started by phil (admin), July 18, 2011, 02:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil (admin)

I upgraded to SMF 2.0 today.  It seems to be working okay, but I need to do a little more testing.

If you have problems or notice an issue, please let me know.

Thanks,
Phil

jgt1942

Is there a setting at the user level that will allow me to go to the new post when I open a thread? Example, I open the forum and see that some topics have new post, I click on a topic with the new post and I'd like the screen to position so I see the new post and not have to scroll. As it is now when I open a post the window opens with page on and the first post in the thread.

galerdude

What works for me is clicking on that orange box that says "new" and that takes me to the newer posts that I haven't read. I use Firefox.
Hope that helps  ;).

Gale

jgt1942

I'm using Chrome and I was NOT clicking on the orange "new" box. I'll give it a try the next time I visit and look at a long thread. I also have Waterfox (this is the x64 version of Firefox) and if Chrome fails me I'll give it a try. Most of the time I'm using Chrome but there are some sites that don't like Chrome and I then revert to Waterfox. I almost never use IE.

Thanks for the tip.

jgt1942

OK clicking on the orange box was the solution even in Chrome. Thanks again for the tip.