News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

New Wynn filters...

Started by phil (admin), May 04, 2011, 11:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil (admin)

I just got done speaking with Dick Wynn.

He has updated his web page with a "C" series of filters.

http://www.wynnenv.com/cartridge_filters.htm

Please note that these "C" units feature the nanofiber media.

The first two pics on the page I linked show a HF-style ring with a funnel, and a PSI ring with an auger.  These pics represent the vast majority of the rings out there today (funnels and augers).

Now, in the past, people with a funnel ring that have gone with a 35A filter from Wynn have used the supplied turnbuckles to attach the filter to the ring.  You do this from underneath the ring, with the plastic bag removed.

This is problematic, though, when using one of my baffles.  If you needed to remove the filter, you'd have to remove the the baffle first.

Wynn's response is the "C", which the user attaches to a shop-made donut (using the bolt holes supplied on the filter).  This allows you to install/remove the filter without having to go through the baffle.

I know some 35A users have used bungee cords from the top of the filter to the support legs on the side of the ring.  Mr. Wynn says that is okay, the filters and their cages are pretty sturdy and as long as you don't apply too much force, you shouldn't have any problems with deforming the filter.

The C looks pretty neat.  The extra bolt holes on the bottom flange provide additional flexibility in terms of mounting.  Just thought I'd pass that along.

One more note (a correction from the manufacturer):  These aren't 35C filters, they are just "C" filters.  They have a 35A series, a 9L series, and now a C series.