Q re: baffle and neutral vane

Started by ironhat, August 19, 2008, 03:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ironhat

I haven't scoped this out as of yet but have any of you inserted the baffle into the bottom of your HF DC in which you had installed a neutral vane?  I'm going to make a supposition that it would be a good thing since it keeps the incoming air/ debris stream 'sliding' along the inside of the housing and onto the baffle.  As I said, as yet I haven't scoped out the proximity of the vane to the baffle and whether they will co-exist in the space given.  I apologize for sounding lazy but my DC is on the other side of the shop wall and is currently residing behind a couple of hundred board feet of cherry and grandkids' toys.  Don't ask me how this happened but the wife wants her garage back before winter and it's not looking good.

TIA!

ironhat

Oh yea, almost forgot.  Is there more of an advantage using the baffle in the DC as opposed to using the baffle in a separator?  If it's a draw in that contest I'd opt for removing the separator and saving room.  The bag under the DC has more room as well, meaning that you don't have to empty as often. 

Thunderslide

I think there is an advantage to not having the chips (or as many) hit the blower fins.

phil (admin)

The NV in combination w/ the baffle creates turbulence which will cause extra chips/fines to go up into the filter.  If you use the baffle, skip the NV.

daz16148

i see lots of pics of the baffle... but not one of a NUETRAL VANE. what is a nuetral vane?