News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Impeller blade question

Started by RobHannon, August 31, 2017, 11:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobHannon

I am canabalizing a G1029Z dust colelctor for my setup and had a question about the benefit of an impeller upgrade. The stock impeller is just a hair shy of 12" by my measurements and I can't fit much larger in the housing without some significant modifications to it. The blades are not curved in either direction, radial I think it the correct term for this style. I see a lot of information on the benefits forward vs reverse curved blades. Are straight blades a significant downgrade to either of the curved options?

Thanks all.

jgt1942

RobHannon

I have done a lot of looking at Bill's site and the only thing I readily found was that the radial impellers are very loud. Being quiet would be nice, but if that is the only benefit I don't think I would go through the effort or making a different impeller fit my setup. I have seen some charts showing pressure curves for different impeller designs, but they have all been in systems moving non-compressible fluids. I think I am going to stick with what I have and focus on the separator design and circle back to the impeller if I can't get results I like.