It's finally finished....Horray

Started by Stugots, December 07, 2008, 08:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stugots

I just finished up on my prototype and preliminary testing indicates that it will do what it is intended to do. All I have to do is wait for the liquid nails to harden on the PVC and I will give it a full testing. I will post pictures and step by step details on my build. Thank you all for your posts and I look forward to learning more from you all.

Tony

Stugots

Stugots

Ok it is finished to the point where I have been doing some woodwork and it is performing perfect. I have added some pictures of it where it is going to be set up but it's not quite finished yet. I am having issues on getting smaller length vacuum hoses. I currently have 4 hoses right now with 2 of them hooked up to the vac and the collection system. What I need to do is find some smaller 2 1/2 inch hoses that I can connect to the blast gates and then to the backs of my tools. Does anyone have a source where I can get a length of hose that would fit onto the blast gate and the rear of the machines? Any help is greatly appreciated

dbhost

Stugots,

Your setup seems pretty similar to mine. Here is what I did...

All of my hose bits come from Peachtree. Buy them all at once. Peachtree has good prices, but their shipping is brutal. Ship more all at once and the price gets reasonable...

http://www.ptreeusa.com/dusthose.htm Scroll down and pick your size. I got item #369, 2.5" x 50 feet. Basically a bulk box of 2.5" clear dust collection hose. You can cut to any length you want within reason.

http://www.ptreeusa.com/dustfittings_reducers.htm
Scroll down to pick your connector. I use item #447 2 1/2" Screw End Dust Collection Hose Adaptor. Again, buy a mess of these at once to make shipping less painful.

One item to note about the screw on adapters. The hose is wire reinforced clear soft PVC, while the hose is tight to the adapter when new, that stuff stretches a little over time. You WILL want to add a hose clamp of some sort. I use zip ties to keep mine tight.

I wish that I had a photo since I shortened the hoses. I used the Peachtree hose zip tied onto the Ridgid fitting to go to the vac, and then the Peachtree fittings from there on... The stacker helps to fee up floor space by stacking the vac over the can now...