News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Source for 55gal drums

Started by shrxfn, August 25, 2009, 08:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shrxfn

It's been awhile since I have been on the site but I came across an interesting source for 55 gal drums that may help out members looking for such a thing. We were doing some home improvements and when we were looking at insulation we decided to go with Icynene foam. Once they showed up at our house yesterday I noticed that the materials were stored in 55 gal drums that looked like they have a banded top where you release the band and the comlete top comes off instead of a sealed two bung style top. So I talked to the guy that runs the company and he said that they do not disppose of the barrels but give them away to people that ask. The other thing I found out is that the barrels that the foam material come in can be lightly cleaned with no leftover residue and they are perfectly reusable for anything and even have a liner in them sprayed by the manufacturer. The other barrels for the hardener are not as useful so we are going to use one as a burn barrel. So if you want a hopefully cheap local source for barrels look in the phonebook under insulation and see if you have an Icynene installer nearby and he may just give you some barrels for free. Just thought I would share this in the hopes that it helps someone else out.   ;D

dbhost

Great. I noticed your post AFTER I paid $39.00 for my barrel... Oh well... I am happy with mine anyway, but I have a 55 gallon 6" based drum system coming up for a friend.