News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Twin inlet separator

Started by LynnJ, August 10, 2009, 04:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LynnJ

I have been impressed by the Thien Separator concept and have enjoyed browsing the many postings on this site.

I wondered if anyone has built (or considered building) a separator with 2 inlet ports?
My table saw has 2 dust ports, a 4 inch port below the table and a 2.5 inch port from the blade guard.
Having 2 different size inlet ports would give me the ability to connect to the table saw without using a Y piece. It would also allow me to connect to other (single port) machines by blanking off one of the ports.
I thought of using a 4 inch tangential inlet together with a 2.5 inch top inlet or maybe 2 tangential inlets.
The outlet port will be 5 inch.
Greg Milton mentioned dual 4 inch inlets but I can't find any further posts on the forum.
I would appreciate any comments on this.

Greg Milton

Hi There,

I've actually now built and successfully tested my 55 gallon separator, but I went with single 6 inch inlet and outlet in the end as it was obvious nobody had done a twin 4" inlet version and I didn't want to be the first to try it.

LynnJ

Thanks Greg. 
I think I will go for a 4 inch tangential inlet and add a 2.5 inch inlet later. 
That way I can delete the 2.5 inch if it doesn't work too well.