News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Would this work ?

Started by RCP612, February 18, 2009, 05:50:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RCP612

I've been s l o w l y getting around to making a seperator and............ I'm wondering if this, http://www.woodcraft.com/product.aspx?ProductID=143290&FamilyID=4310 wouldn't work by just adding the baffle below it. 
It seems to match Phil's design for the top, just not quite complete without a baffle.
What do you think?

phil (admin)

They will work.  It would be better if the outlet was centered.  But several people have modified them and reported positive results.

RCP612

What do you mean, modified?
Do you mean adding the baffle below the liud as I was thinking, or centering the outlet?

dp

One problem I see with it is the outlet is off center and so closer to the swirling chips which provides a better opportunity to allow chips to leave the system. A mod I would make is to cap the bottom of the outlet and cut a wide slot toward the lid center so that the air leaving is coming from a spot closer to the vortex center.

That said, I don't have a good picture of what the bottom of that lid looks like so am assuming it is simply a spigot, or perhaps just a hole in the lid with no lower extension at all. If the latter then an elbow aimed at the lid center may improve things. In any event the object is to have the outlet air come from the vortex center.