Previous topic - Next topic

What distance between.....

Is this Ok
0 (0%)
Help
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Rick

How much of coupler can there be between lid bottom and top of baffle?

I have a 3/4" lid with 2 1/4" of coupler extened below lid with a space of  3/4" between coupler and baffle.  Haven't glued anything up yet and wanted to check.
This works fantasticly.

phil (admin)

If you're talking about the coupler that is used on the outlet, I like it to extend approx. 3/4" to 1" below the bottom of the top.  Ideally, I'd like it further from the baffle than what you've described.

Rick

Thanx Phil. Guess I'll cut it down so I only have an 1" below the bottom of the top.

Adam

Is the dimension in any way dependant on the distance between the two baffles?  Or is the 1 inch rule constant if the space between the baffles is 3" versus 6".   

I was thinking the rule might be more like the distance from the top of the lower baffle to the pipe should be equal to the diameter of the pipe or something like that?  Or does it really make too much difference?

phil (admin)

Quote from: Adam on February 26, 2009, 12:26:52 PM
Is the dimension in any way dependant on the distance between the two baffles?  Or is the 1 inch rule constant if the space between the baffles is 3" versus 6".   

I was thinking the rule might be more like the distance from the top of the lower baffle to the pipe should be equal to the diameter of the pipe or something like that?  Or does it really make too much difference?

It doesn't matter that much.  The purpose of the tube is to decouple the outlet from the bottom of the top.  For shop vac sized systems, I typically do approx. 1".  For 4" fittings I typically go a little longer (maybe 2").