News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Make it pay

Started by fussy, December 05, 2011, 09:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fussy

Phil,

I regret the way this is playing out, but I have a suggestion as to how you may be able to prevail.  You have the premier site on the web on dust collection.  You are a smart guy with lots of ideas going on, you have name recognition, good will, and a pretty good size footprint in the woodworking community.  All these are significant assets.  USE THEM!!!!

If you look at sites such as  www.woodgears.ca, ibuildit.ca, Charles Neil's site, the woodwhisperer, ad infinitum, two things they all have in common are regular visitors, and TONS OF ADVERTISERS!  Now why should you be any different?  You have the knowledge EVERY woodworker needs, you have the floor when it comes to this subject, use that to your advantage.

This is a big expensive hobby and here you come with a nickle & dime solution to something that kills people; every distributor and manufacturer would beat a path to your door to get to pay you money to advertise with you.

If I were you, the first steps I would take would be to talk with Matthias Wandell and John Heiz about how the have/are developing their sites.  You have a lot of ideas, you're extremely smart, and a genuinely nice guy.  I want to see you prosper for all you've given rather than spin your wheels in costly legal battles.  Even if you do persue legal options, this could help pay the way.

Think it over.  You've been mentioned in major magazines, Matthias just plugged you on his site, you're out there.  You are on the edge of the dust collection bubble.  It is going to be bigger than ever.  Make them pay to be associated with you.  Pump up your site a little, talk to some people, and see what you can do.

If I had a million dollars, I'd give it to you, but I don't.  All I can do is to encourage you and hope for the best.  This is sill America and dreams can still come true.

Steve