baffle for a delta ap 400

Started by toolguy1000, May 13, 2009, 07:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toolguy1000

i would like to add a baffle to my delta ap400.  here is the owners manual for a delta ap 400:

http://www.dewaltservicenet.com/documents/English/Instruction%20Manual/Delta/A15097.pdf 

page 8 shows a photo of all the components.  the blower housing, which is one piece, seems to be the appropraite spot for the baffle, but i'm not quite sure how to position the baffle in the blower housing between the filter bag (top)  and the collection bag (bottom).  anyone have any thoughts on this?

phil (admin)

That is going to be a little more challenging because there are no real obvious points to attach the baffle.  It has to be between the blower discharge and the rim that the bottom bag attaches to.  If you screw somehow from the side, the screw heads will interfere with the lower bag clamp.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Sub-Dooood

I use to have an AP400 and now have a Delta 50-760, both of which have the same configuration for the blower housing.  After doing several prototypes using cardboard, I gave up and made a pre-separator using a trash can and a baffle, set on the platform underneath the inlet of the DC.  There were just too many gaps and offsets between the bag rim and the interior of the housing for me to deal with.  The biggest issue I saw was the offset of over an inch from the ring to the inside wall of the housing; I couldn't see how the debris could effectively drop off the wall down the slot.

I'm sure there is a CMF loss by going to a two stage system, but this can be more than offset by upgrading to a pleated cartridge from the felt bag.

bgriggs

Sub-Dooood,

Could you post a picture of your current system with the AP400? I am planning to modify mine and any help would be appreciated.

Bill