News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Cheap hose?

Started by guy48065, February 22, 2013, 09:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guy48065

I'm planning to build a purpose-built DC using a 12.5" 3-stage blower (300cfm@15"wc) that's been gathering dust under my bench + a top hat style baffle for the blower to sit on.  This is for use in sucking up vermiculite that's in the attic of my 60 year old log cottage.  What's missing is about 40 feet of flex hose that I don't want to spend much money on :)
3" dryer hose might work on this one-time task but it's so flexible it might be aggravating to use (kinks, collapsing, rips from dragging over obstacles).

Any suggestions where to look for 2.5"-3" budget flex hose in bulk?

alan m

my local hire shop over here in ireland has hoses for water pumps. they are reasonably flexable and definetly wont get damaged.

by the way whats wrong with vermiculite.
i presume you mean the same thing i do. we use it for around chimney flues etc

guy48065

Older vermiculite is known to come from a source that contains asbestos.  And like asbestos it's not really a problem unless you disturb it...but I want it gone just the same.  Darn stuff keeps filtering down into the kitchen since the ceiling is paneling & not well sealed.

And I've found a hose suggestion as I was looking up other stuff online.  RV sewer hose.   It's 3", spiral-wire but way tougher than dryer hose, and cheap.  Should cost about $25 for 40-50'.