News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Help

Started by riomar, April 19, 2013, 01:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

¿Which is the hp capicity necesaire to work fine in a little hobby shop?

My motor
0 (0%)
Thien
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

riomar

Hello everyone:

First of all sorry for my poor command of English. I am a princiante with Thien separator topic but I need it urgently. I have a workshop hobysta small enough would like to know if a vacuum professional Karchner to work properly. My machines are a table saw, router, planer and belt sander. I have also a motor for inflatable games 1/4 HP. Need to know if changing the engine to a 2 HP motor enough to have more power or should be, in addition, change the propeller.
I appreciate any help with this

Bulldog8

Do you have the specifications for the Karcher vac? That would help to answer the question. I assume that it is similar to our "ShopVac" which means it wouldn't be a good choice for some of the tools you have listed. (Primarily the planer)

Smaller vac's tend to have a higher static pressure, (more suction) than a traditional dust collector, but the trade off is that they move less air. That is ok and even beneficial for hand held tools. Many people will use a ShopVac to collect from routers and hand sanders and a dust collector for the table saw and planer.

BernardNaish

Hi riomar, It is unlikely you will be able to use your inflating pump for dust collection. You might even find it is cheaper to buy a complete dust collector than a motor. Wood dust control is so important that it is worth spending some money on it.

Let us know how you get on. Regards