Penn State Industries DC-2

Started by RBOETTCHER, January 07, 2009, 12:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RBOETTCHER

Has anyone out there modded a PSI DC-2 machine with the baffle? The hooker is this unit has a metal spiral inside the bag ring. In principle, this should help separation, and perhaps I can just hang a baffle a little below it.
Any experience?

Bob

phil (admin)

I think we're going to need a picture.  You can click on the "Additional Options" when replying to add a picture to your posting.  Pics have to be less than 128KB, so use one of your camera's lower resolution settings or resize the pic w/ software software like XNView.

RBOETTCHER

Thanks for your response, Phil.

The first two pix show the bag ring with the spiral, looking in from the bottom.
The third pic shows the baffle. The OD is 19.5" and the cutout is 1.25" in wide. One question is, should the gap be scaled to the overall diameter, or does the diameter increase take care of the air flow?

Pic four is a view from the bottom with the baffle installed.

Pic five is a view from the top with the baffle installed.

My concern is whether the spiral will interfere with the airflow going to the filter. I could cut out the spiral if need be.

I am also building a baffled top for my trash can, with 6" side entrance and 6" vertical outlet with a close coupling to my blower. Will submit pix of that also.

Bob

phil (admin)

Were you able to leave some room between the bottom of the ramp and the top of the baffle?  I'd think if you're able to leave at least an inch between the two, it would be worth trying as-is.