News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

final decisions

Started by toolguy1000, April 13, 2009, 08:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toolguy1000

now that i understand the baffle set up, and my shop vac is equipped with a dry wall bucket separator with a thien baffle, i want to add something to my DC.  should i:

1) add a baffle to the DC (delta ap 400, not really sure how to do this given its configuration) or

2) create a separate separator for the same DC.  if yes to (2),  what size pail/receptacle would work well with 4" fittings (20 or 30 gal)?

possibly phil could offer an opinion regarding choosing one of the above two alternatives.  thanks.

phil (admin)

I think w/ a 1-HP DC I wouldn't want to take the "hit" of a separator.  I'd rather add the baffle to the DC's ring.  But I think that can be tricky on the 400 from Delta.

toolguy1000

i agree.  which leaves me with a separator.  what size garbage can would be best with 4" hoses and filltings-20 or 30 gal?

phil (admin)

30 would be much better.  No worry of collapse w/ DC.

JakesDad1

For what its worth:

I just completed my setup. I have a HF, 2 HP blower mounted to the wall. I have a Thein Seperator in the top of a 20 gal. trash can. My 4" piping goes directly into the side of the can, and the exhaust goes through 15' of insulated flexible duct to a 1 micron filter hanging up high on the wall. Seems to be working great! After a little more testing I'll post pictures.