News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Thanks Phil

Started by bgator, July 16, 2010, 10:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgator

I've been researching for a solution to my dust problem and Thanks to your ingenuity methinks I've found it. I teach a high school Building Construction class and have a CNC machine that we cut lots of MDF on; and you all know of the mess that makes. I just finished building my first Thien Separator for a 12 gal shop vac and am thoroughly impressed. Thanks to you. I'll certainly be building more and am thinking about making a lesson plan for my students to understand how this baby works.
   While I was working on my part files to cut the pieces on our CNC, I realized that I don't remember reading about a seemingly important factor in the design work and thought I'd throw it out here. Maybe it's been mentioned, I don't know as I haven't read every post yet.
   Above the equator and in nature, storms and draining water will all travel in a clockwise direction, below the equator it's reversed. I would think that it's important to set up the air flow in our separators to follow this rule.
   I wish that I were a wealthy man so I could invest in your project as I think you will be very successful if you follow through with patents and manufacturing.    CUDOS TO YOU!!! And Thanks for sharing !!