WYNN 35A nano filter on a HF unit

Started by OLDCHIP, February 03, 2013, 10:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OLDCHIP

Mr Wynn and company delivered a 35A nano filter to me in just a couple days; unequalled customer service.  As far as I can see, this is probably the best thing you can do for your lungs:  www.wynnenv.com  (THANKS to RonS!)

After sealing several casing leaks on the HF unit, I made a simple U-tube manometer and took measurements at the top of the HF Y-fitting (black plastic, at the junction of the two 4 inch legs) and with my version of Phil's separator set up in series with the HF dust collector.  Keeping it very simple:

- Did not have a clean 5 micron bag, so, that was not part of the test; had I thought ahead...
  - With the HF original 5 micron bag (used about 20 hours), measured 3 3/4 inches of water.
  - With the new WYNN 35A nano filter, measured 4 inches of water.
  - With about 1/2 of the WYNN 35A filter closed off with a plastic bag (simulating a dirty filter), measured 3 3/4 inches of water.

If you do this sort of data collection on your system, you should expect different values as compared to mine.  For example, if your system has lots of leaks, or, your dust collector is a long distance from your machines, or becasue our Phil Thein separators are built differently, then, you would expect lower values.  If your system is super tight, or has higher horsepower, etc, you would expect higher values.

The U-tube manometer is simple enough to make, and could be used to find places in ducting systems to locate flow restrictions and possibly to indicate when a filter system needs to be cleaned.  I think that when I see a pressure drop of about 1/4 to 1/2 inch, I'll clean the nano filter.

Happy SuperBowl!