1 Hp Mini DC from HF........bag?

Started by LittleRob, November 18, 2009, 11:22:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleRob

So i was on ebay and found a good deal on a mini, i bid on it, and now im seeing it doesnt come with the collector bag. What or where do i find a replacement for this thing if and when i win it? Okay so i just called there tech question number, and they do sell it as a replacement its $6.99 & 6.99 s&h, regular USPS 10-14days to recieve. Worth it or not? Or which to get for it. i see Rockler offers a 5 Micron Bag for Rockler Wall Mount Dust Collector for 25.99, 39.94 + tax shipped total.

phil (admin)

Grizzly makes a 3-micron bag for their G1163 for $15.  It is more expensive than the HF bag because the HF bag probably only filters to 30-micron (or so).

Here is a link to the page w/ their bags:

http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2009/Main/179

I'm not sure the cuff (where it connects to the DC) is exactly the same size of the HF DC, though.

rasp55

Were it me, I'd ditch the bag and exhaust outside or go to a Wynn filter.

I have an old PS 1HP DC that I added a Wynn filter to instead of the original bags and the difference in performance was astounding - much higher CFM and much cleaner air.  But it is time to improve on that in my shop so I'm beginning a new project I've referenced in another thread.  I'll try to provide more details as I progress.

i know it seems crazy to consider spending $100 on a filter for an $80 blower, but the filters are that good and will last a very long time.

If you must use a bag, get one at least 5 micron, 1 micron would be even better.

LittleRob

hopefully all i will need is a smaller clamp.  I might vent it outside not sure yet but prolly put a bag on it and the grizzly might be the one ;)

tvman44