Container Inside Shape an Issue?

Started by briankb, October 09, 2012, 03:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter

Somewhere on this forum, in a post under my name, are pics of the "repaired" metal can. I failed to take pics of it immediately after the collapse, but if you find the repaired pic, you can see the "wrinkles" left over after I pushed the can back into shape.

My solution was to add plywood rings at the 1/3 points, vertically, outside the can (actually, two half rings at each location). I drilled through the can and using some #8x1/2" pan head screws, attached the can to the rings. I didn't bother sealing the holes--there is plenty of suction and the top-hat separator still removes 90%+ of everything I send through it.

tenfingers

If I needed to seal a galvanized garbage can, I would use aluminum duct tape. The other opyion is red duct sealer, it's stickey and messy but it dosen't come off after a few months. Either can be obtained at a good Hardware store (not a box). Also places that deal with HVAC contractors.

DarthVader

what is the issue with static from the trash can? i have a plastic trash can and havent notice any real issues with is. some dust sticks to the sides a little bit but not enough to get in the way, i hope. im sure now someone is going to tell me otherwise.

phil (admin)

Quote from: DarthVader on November 09, 2012, 06:49:55 PM
what is the issue with static from the trash can? i have a plastic trash can and havent notice any real issues with is. some dust sticks to the sides a little bit but not enough to get in the way, i hope. im sure now someone is going to tell me otherwise.

Some of the plastic cans I've used seem to be able to build one heckuva static charge, to the point where it can interfere with separation.

My current drum is a sort of translucent 30-gallon plastic drum and the static doesn't build anywhere near as much as some other plastics I've used.