my best harbor freight mods, thoughts, intro.

Started by Clark Savage Jr, December 30, 2015, 09:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WorksInTheory

Hi taking a chance folks are still replying to this one (looks like not since 2018) but what are thoughts on opening intake to 6" vs even 8" (I have upgraded impeller to bigger one btw). Noticeable diff or enough diff to do it or stick with 6" bc not enough diff or otherwise will overstress?

thanks for your thoughts

dbhost

On that trash can separator. from the pics, it is hard to tell, but it looks like the inlet is too far into the 120 deg wide spot. It should dump just when the wide spot starts...

On the subject of HF DC mods. I too have the 2HP Central Machinery dust collector. Everyone knows the drill on these as far as bang for the buck goes. I have the Wynn 35a as well, but mine is the older Spun Bond that you could wash out with a garden hose and let dry... Never done that, always blown it down. I believe MERV 15 with 99.99% at .5 microns. Hopefully by now everyone has gotten the message, ditch the cloth bag, get a quality cartridge filter.

I was hunting for the apparently unobtainable Rikon impeller for years, when I stumbled upon folks starting to swap in Wen 3403 impellers. Part number 3403-22 Turbofan.

I have yet to upgrade my inlet as my ductwork is still 5" split to 2 4" lines, but I will be upgrading in the new year to 6" using a Hydrofarm AC6F 6" fan flange from Amazon. Needs some mount hole dimpling and drilling but aside from that, direct fit...  And it's green. Not a perfect match for my unit, but close enough.