News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Scaling to 4" ports

Started by SteveNelson46, July 25, 2014, 06:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveNelson46

Phil

I am currently modifying a Harbor Freight 2hp DC with a 27 gallon metal garbage can and your cyclone separator and I have a couple of questions. (okay 4)

Does the drop slot width need to be adjusted for use with 4" ports?

Does the position of the 4" 90 degree elbow and/or the angle of exit (pointed more or less toward the side of the can) need to be adjusted?

Does the top of the 4" 90 degree elbow need to be touching the bottom of the lid?

Does the bottom of the 4" 90 degree elbow need to be touching the baffle?

Thanks in advance. BTW, this is a great design and thank you very much for not only sharing it but, sharing the results of all of your testing.

tvman44

Quote from: SteveNelson46 on July 25, 2014, 06:30:10 PM
Phil

I am currently modifying a Harbor Freight 2hp DC with a 27 gallon metal garbage can and your cyclone separator and I have a couple of questions. (okay 4)

Does the drop slot width need to be adjusted for use with 4" ports?

Does the position of the 4" 90 degree elbow and/or the angle of exit (pointed more or less toward the side of the can) need to be adjusted?

Does the top of the 4" 90 degree elbow need to be touching the bottom of the lid?

Does the bottom of the 4" 90 degree elbow need to be touching the baffle?

Thanks in advance. BTW, this is a great design and thank you very much for not only sharing it but, sharing the results of all of your testing.

#1 No
#2 No
#3 No
#4 No touching the baffle could cause a build up of chips, ect.