Baffle location question

Started by gregs, August 03, 2008, 02:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregs

Hi,
I am in the process of installing you baffle design into a HF 2hp DC and had a question regarding the exact location. I am trying to determine the optimum location for the 120 degree area, the inlet hole location is about 45 degrees from begining to end for the pipe and I dont know if I should center it in the 120 degree area or rotate it to the leading or trailing edge of the inlet pipe hole. I found another post saying it should be about 1" below the inlet.
Thanks, Greg

phil (admin)

If you look at the third pic in Mr. Romano's post here:

http://www.jpthien.com/smf/index.php?topic=29.0

Let me know how it works!

gregs

I didnt know if you had a specific area the inlet should line up with. Maybe more area to the front or back?

Is there any way to contact Mr. Romano? I would like to see if he had tried to add the outlet tube like he talked about.

Thanks

phil (admin)

Just line it up like the pic in the post.  You want the front  edge a little before the edge of the inlet, to keep turbulence down.

ironhat

I believe that you are over-thinking this and, by now, have settled on an arbitray position within the the parameters of the various pics floating around the web.  I know that I'm like that and I just have to decide to go for it and make adjustments accordingly.  I hope that it worked out for you and if you have a dimension that worked why not post back with it as well as a pic!?