News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

In Shock

Started by elmo_19, June 30, 2008, 09:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elmo_19

:)  Just can't believe how easy it was to build and it works great,  I finished mine last night and put it to the test today.  I only have a 2HP, 5 Gallon Craftsman Shop Vac hooked up and at the end of the day nothing was in my shop vac.    I used an industrial 35 gal plastic barrel to put the cyclone lid on, when you shut the vac off you could hear the chips still spinning in the barrel, and I know about the static so I put ground screws throught the sides of the barrel and a ground wire running to each screw on the outside then attached the wire to a ground rod in my shop, this bleeds off the static slowly but I think having a little static in the barrel helped collected the fine dust also and not let it go to the shop vac because if I looked in the barrel after, you could see the dust stick to the sides and as the static went away you could see the dust fall off the sides.  I'll try to get some pics.  Thanks I love it!!

phil (admin)

I saw the word "shock" and my heart skipped a beat.  Your kind of shock is okay, though.   ;D