Question about Thien Baffle

Started by Janos Regn, September 24, 2009, 08:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janos Regn

Hey,
  I'm doing the same conversion as TimmyG and I wanted to know far how up in the barrel should mount the baffle. I hope that this project lives up to it's reputation. I'll keep you all updated But I owe all of the credit to TimmyG.

phil (admin)

The baffle is typically placed about 1/2" to 1" below the inlet.

Janos Regn

Thank You Phil,

First I'd like to say that I am glad to find a place were everybody is friendly and has no problem sharing info about projects.

I have started to make a similar set up as TimmyG, but I'm using a 55 gallon drum under the DC barrel. I have cut most of the    pieces to set everthing in place so it all fits together. I've cut a ring of MDF to fit around the barrel, A second piece will go between the drum and the DC barrel, The third piece will go around the DC Barrel. I did this so it all fits together nicely. I will post some pics as soon as I get it done. I was wondering if someone could let me know how to post pics on here.

I do have one more Question, I am looking for about 4ft of 6" flexable duct (Preferably clear). If someone has some laying around their shop can you please let me know. I am willing to pay for it.

Thanks Again for the info and Hospitality

ThomasL1959

I use http://photobucket.com/ its free and easy to use.

hint , use the image code for forums.

cheers :)