Looking for pictures of shop vac/ separator system.

Started by dow, May 13, 2009, 01:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dow

Some time ago (last year?), someone had some pictures where they'd plumbed their separator directly into the bottom of a shop vac with, I think PVC pipe between the two.  The shop vac actually sat on top of or just above the separator lid.  Does anyone still have shots of this setup?  If you built it, do you still like it, or did you decide that it wasn't the best solution?  Why or why not?

Thanks,
dow

dow

Thanks, Aardwolf, but that wasn't it.  I'm in the process of building on that will sit over my separator lid, and use a short length of flex hose to connect to the shop vac input. 

In the one that I was actually looking for, the guy had cut a hole in the bottom of his shop vac and had plumbed direct to the top of the separator with about 8-12" of PVC, and had then completely blocked the hose input in the side of the shop vac.  As such, it was a permanent installation.  Then he had the whole shooting match on a cart so he could roll it around. 

After consideration, I've decided not to go this route, at least for now.  I think that I'd prefer my shop vac to still be functional on its own.

Thanks again :).