Here is my separator build so far

Started by Bulldog8, December 21, 2010, 03:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitbull

I have not used their wyes. I have a crimp tool. However you could hammer out the crimp if need be and recrimp the other side.

I have been using the ducting for a little over 5 years. Its been kicked around a bit as well with no dents...the only way you will bang this up is if you happen to step on it. It is actually very structurally sound once together and their is no way the pressure from any regualr shops dust collector could ever make this pipe flex or crush it.

I could not bring myself to purchase heavier gauge ducting, because this works so well for so little. But I was wrong about the length it is 5' not 6' long pieces.

hardwood

I'm amazed at how long your runs are.  I saw a recent/related post of the results you got from your drumsander.  I take it you are completely satisified with the performance of this system?  I have an older 2HP Grizzly DC that I picked up used about a month ago.  Building a Thien top-hat is my very next to-do.  I really appreciate this post and what you've accomplished with your layout using this system.

Bulldog8

Yes, I would say that I am very happy with the system. Upgrading the main run, adding the Wynn filter and using the Thien baffle to keep the filter clean has greatly improved my systems performance. I now have better collection at the furthest drop, than I used to get at the closest.

The CFM dropoff that I used to get while sanding is now fixed. For a while I had considered buying a ClearVue, but that is no longer necesary.

Steve