News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

PVC elbows

Started by memilanuk, January 03, 2008, 04:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

memilanuk

Hello,

I'm looking at building a couple of these separators if I can get it to work... one for the house 'central vac' (big 16 gallon shop vac hooked to the central vac network) and one for the real shop vac (Ridgid 14 gallon unit).  Can't see spending $150 each for Dust Deputies or Mini Clearvues.  If all that goes well, I'll have to see about building a bigger one for a dust collector (yet to be purchased).

My first question is this:  Where did you get those PVC nozzles or whatever they are that you have bolted on the outside of the lid?  I've never seen anything like those on the shelf of any local hardware store or big box store.  I imagine regular PVC pipe of suitable size would work fine, but I have to admit, they look pretty slick and it seems like the flange would make sealing things up a bit easier.

TIA,

Monte

phil (admin)

Hi Monte!

I purchase mine at my local Woodcraft and Rockler stores.  They are called Universal Dust Ports.  They both carry the 2-1/2" fittings, but only Woodcraft carries the 4" version (that won't matter until you're ready for your dust collector version.    ;D

memilanuk

Got 'em coming.

Thanks,

Monte