Where can i get a 1-2ft section of 6" flex?

Started by polarys425, September 28, 2011, 01:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polarys425

Where can i get a 1-2ft or so section of 6" flex? Everything i found so far is 10' lenths or more. I need to make the connection from the impeller housing to the output of the tophat separator.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Don_Z

You have to buy the whole thing or hit Craigslist or a local cabinet shop to see if they have any short runs to sell.

retired2

Wynn Environmental has a "Bargains" page on their website for shorts.  They never seem to update it so it is not worth looking at it.  But you can call them at (215) 442-9443 to see what they have on hand.  You probably won't like the price because the shipping will be as much as the cost of the hose.

They are about an hour away from me, and I visited their facility one day to buy flex hose.  They do not cut their hose from gigantic spools.  They get it like most other retailers, i.e. cut to 10' and 25' lengths from the manufacturer.  I'm not sure why they have shorts, but the day I was there they did have a box of small pieces.

polarys425

Thanks, I only wish i'd been aware of the "shorts" when i ordered my filter from them. I'm making do right now with a regular piece of 6" metal pipe, and propping the can on a couple pieces of 2x4. That way i can drop the can down and get it out.

RCOX

pennstateind.com - Their web site shows a 7" drum connection hose for $9.95 per foot. They may also cut 6" for you if you contact them. I have had good service from them on the few times I have ordered stuff. Hope this will help.

Raymond