News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Got Bypass?

Started by Don_Z, September 14, 2011, 05:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don_Z

Have you experienced fine dust in the bag or other forms of bypass after you installed a baffle/separator? What was the reason and how did you correct the issue?

Rick T

Emptied pre-separator collection pail yesterday... @ 15 gallons of fine dust from Plywood and mdf cuts over the last few weeks. Nothing in the wyn pleated filter or dc collection bag.
This s a Delta 50-760 with 5" inlet and flexible hose, top hat design and 5" outlet pipe (top hat to DC). Pipe extends to @ 3" (50%) into the separator,  1 1/4" drop slot for 240 degrees (standard design).

retired2

Not sure I can help much Don.  My filter bag had a pretty good cake on it when I completed my top hat separator.  I turned it inside out and vacuumed it before I started testing my separator.  There was no by-pass of any waste into the lower plastic bag, but it is impossible to tell with a used filter bag whether any fines were getting through to the filter bag or not.  I can say a lot of fines were going into the Brute drum under the separator, but I couldn't tell you whether it was 25%, 50% or 100%.

If I had saved the mdf dust from the construction of the separator, I would have a large enough quantity that I could do a much more reliable test.

I just moved my bell-mouth from the 3" position to about 3-3/4", but I can't see any difference in performance.  I would suggest you experiment with the position of the outlet pipe.  Try lower, that might help.

Regards

p.s.  Did you receive your bell-mouth yet? 

Don_Z

No they still have not shipped it yet.