News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Delta 50-850 upgrade

Started by harry h, December 19, 2015, 10:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harry h

I would like to start off by thanking Phil Thien for all his efforts in developing a truly effective yet simple device!  I took examples from a few others and this is what I came up with.  I started by removing the internal baffle in the impeller cage, it was reduced to 4" from 6" and making a straight 6" short run to the trash can with a 4" intake.  Was going to add on to the original cart but it was so flimsy that I ended up making a new cart and adding a Wynn nano filter.  I was worried that the 6" to 4" might be a problem but it seems to have better air flow than the origional set up.  After using it with a few different tools and big pile of dust and sawdust, I get a very small amount of debris in the plastic bag  ;D.  The trash can has its own wheels (didn't know if this would work but it does) and is easy to wheel to my dumpster.  I still need to shrink the the 6" pvc pipe to get the hose over it and fix a leak where the Wynn filter is attached to the unit, rewire for 220v,  and make some fittings like this guy did https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TbXBlQjRl4

Harry