News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Clear dust bin.

Started by RobHannon, March 07, 2018, 07:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retired2

Quote from: RobHannon on March 07, 2018, 07:39:59 AM
Has anyone on here used this clear 32 gal bin with a top hat? Does it work well? Seen any other businesses that carry it?

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/continental-3200cl-huskee-32-gallon-clear-ingredient-bin-trash-can/6902632CL.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhIXeg7ja2QIVFo3ICh2kgwVdEAQYASABEgJiLvD_BwE

That looks identical to my Rubbermaid Brute, so I am pretty sure it would work just fine.  I think I looked at the clear drums when I bought mine, but it was just too much of a price premium over the Brute because I could not find anyone locally that stocked them.  It is a low volume item with shipping costs, but probably cheaper than adding some home built fill monitor.

RobHannon

That is what I was thinking too. Mostly curious if it is really clear enough to be effective and if so is it brittle.

alan m

if its strong enough then it should work great.
the clearish plastic could realy show the level.

report back if it works

RobHannon

Ordered one today. We shall see.

RobHannon

Got it yesterday. Need to make some modifications to my tophat because it is slightly smaller than the bin I had originally planned on using. Material seems good. Stiff but not brittle feeling. I is certainly not transparent but is translucent enough to easily see dust level in it. Will post some pics once it is attached.

tvman44

How did this container work out?

RobHannon

So far it is working well. I am having some hiccups with my dust collection on the tool side so I have not gotten as deep into tweaking the system yet, but the container is working. It is not as clear as I hoped it would be, but clear enough to see the dust level so long as there is adequate light.  Container is pretty stiff and durable. Has not shown any signs that it would collapse on itself if there was a blockage or all gates closed.

dabullseye

I got that can three yrs ago and i love it just being able to glance over at it and see the level inside the can best way to avoid risking sucking dust up thru system and clogging the  filter. i dump the can when dust level gets to stepped section the can just below the handles