News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Pre-separator + baffle?

Started by memilanuk, February 08, 2010, 07:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

memilanuk

Would there be a benefit to using a pre-separator upstream of the intake as well as a separator baffle inside the ring of a single-stage DC like a HF 2hp or 50-760?  I think I've seen people doing both on the HF unit, but not sure if anyone has gone that route on the 50-760 that I've seen.  How much gain (in separation) or loss (in static pressure) would there be to a setup like this?

memilanuk

Dang.  Was it really that dumb of a question, or is everybody on vacation somewhere? ;)

phil (admin)

Woops, sorry.

Some people do use both.

They use a baffle inside the ring of the 1-stage and pipe this directly to tools like their bandsaw and table saw, where they want maximum CFM.

Then they also have a separator in front of their jointer/planer (the big chip producers) for east of emptying.

memilanuk

Thanks Phil... I was starting to think I'd breached some sort of taboo or another ;)

As mentioned... I've seen pics and details of combinations for say, the HF 2hp DC.  I can't recall seeing the internal baffle mod on a Delta 50-760, which is what I'm kind of curious about.

phil (admin)

Quote from: memilanuk on February 10, 2010, 01:24:22 PM
Thanks Phil... I was starting to think I'd breached some sort of taboo or another ;)

As mentioned... I've seen pics and details of combinations for say, the HF 2hp DC.  I can't recall seeing the internal baffle mod on a Delta 50-760, which is what I'm kind of curious about.

Due to the nature of the 760, making a baffle is a little more complicated.  It could be done, but I don't think anyone has done it yet.