New Tophat - Boy do I hope it works

Started by Rkapple, February 13, 2014, 08:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rkapple

I'm working on a new top hat design if it works I really would like to thank Phil, retired2 and a few others on this forum. If it doesn't work then I am going to blame you for making my little furry mind spin in circles for the last few months. I think I have read most every posting on this site and have been very intrigued by this whole concept. A dear friend of mine turned me onto this concept and I have tried to incorporate a number ideas I ave found here including double height, rectangular inlet etc.  Anyway I am starting to get close to the end and thought I would share where I am right now. I have designed the sides with 1/16" lexan and the top with 3/8" acrylic. My intentions are to build a large unit for a 6" intake and outlet this one is going to be 4" in and out.

WoodCzar

Geez, ............. if it don`t work, can I have it? Make a nice end table in my living room.

Nice job. Post how it works out or if a mod was required.

retired2

Certainly is a beautiful piece of work.  The only suggestion I would make is to modify the end of the drop slot.  Instead of being squared off, I would suggest making it semi-circular.  That will reduce the chance of hang-ups from chips.  If this unit is to be used primarily for fines, then it isn't necessary.