News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Exhaust to outside

Started by billfasttax, April 17, 2010, 06:04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billfasttax

Some of you have exhausted the separator directly outdoors.  How has this worked for you?  I have a 3hp Jet collector that I will use. 6" port.

Use collection bags on collector and then vent outside?

If above, would using a 6" elbow on each bag, to a T as a manifold create excessive flow loss?

If exhausting directly from collector would an adapter from the square collector port to 6" round be sufficient?

Is the noise outside excessive?

How much dust have you spread outside?  My exhaust would be about 7' high.

Any pics or links to same appreciated.

DarthVader

I was considering these same questions...especially about the noise and how much dust settles outside.

I know outside exhaust is best for performance so id like to take advantage of this if I can. thanks

phil (admin)

There is no dust that settles outside, provided you don't overflow the separator.

Basically you just need something that lets the exhaust out without letting vermin in.

I know at least a couple of people at SMC that have done this, and posted pictures (I believe).  I've seen pictures elsewhere, but I'm not coming up with the magic words for Google, apparently.

DarthVader

well this is definitely the next thing im going to do when I have a little free shop time. i'll see just how well I can get my HF dust collector to perform. I'll go bigger later for sure but im content for now. I think I build a youtube manometer or whatever its called before I do this mod...