Best deal on a dust collector remote switch?

Started by dbhost, March 13, 2009, 12:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbhost

I am looking for the best deal, to my door, for 2 dust collector remote switches. One can be a lighter duty (15 amp) switch as it will power the shop vac, the other must be able to handle the 20 amp max of the HF DC.

Where are you guys and gals getting yours?

And yes, this has everything to do with me stacking the shop vac on top of the DC...

dabullseye

i had a shop fox system once and it would trip the built in breaker >:( i ended up removing the breaker and then it worked great but  a :D fix ) but after i moved things around in the shop i was able to go to a 220v hookup to the dc so ended up getting another SF remote for 220 which draws a lot less than the 110. i think my problem was i had to run a extension  cord (12ga 100') to the remote and the DC when i was using 110. so i ended up making an air filter to hang from the ceiling so i used the 110 SF remote on that (with the breaker back inside the case) and so far i haven't started a fire ;D. i got both of mine from ebay. so  save yourself the headache and try to go with 220 if u can otherwise keep your cords as short and a heavy gauge to help get the power to the system.

dbhost

220 is not an option for my DC. And I run the DC off of a dedicated circuit.