News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Forum still active ????

Started by tvman44, June 25, 2014, 08:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tvman44

Is this forum still active?  I have not seen a new post for about 2 weeks now.

alan m

for some reason  this forum sems to be like that . there arnt enough changes being made to the design to create a discusion  all the time.
it is usually newbies that  create a discussion

tvman44

I was starting to wonder if I was having a problem?

phil (admin)

There tend to be pickups at the beginnings of seasons.  So at the beginning of summer when some people can get back into a shed-shop (for example), I notice a pickup in the # of posts.  Likewise when fall/winter come around and some people find themselves stuck inside more, I see another pickup.  But the periods between changes the # of posts tends to dwindle.

Latham

I've shifted over from monkeying in the shop to outdoor projects, fishing, camping and generally lazing in the sun. It's summer time.

I did empty my dust bag the other day –first time since my top-hat got installed. I was pleasantly surprised by the limited amount of fines in the bag. It's working great. I sucked up a nitrile glove the other day and it found it's way below the baffle. I may have to run that through again and watch what it does.

TL

retired2

Woodworking for me is a hobby that fills my time in the winter when days are short, nights are long, and humidity is low.  If I spend time in the shop in spring or early summer, it is to finish a project that I started so it doesn't drag on into another winter.  If I start work in the fall, it is because there is something on some family member's X-mas wish list.

The last three winters were primarily projects for myself, a roll-around table with drop wings for my miter saw, a long dreamed of router table with storage and a Jessem lift, and this year a wheeled storage unit that parks in the dead space under my drill press.  And of course, I am always adding to or modifying my dust collection system.

So, if I am a little quiet these days, it is because I am out playing golf, or at least pretending I can still play!