News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Rectangular container

Started by Onosan, December 19, 2012, 02:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onosan

Hi

Short newb question: so far I haven't seen any but round containers. That is ofcourse the most logical way - especially if you are making a 'baffle-in-a-bucket'.
But I am trying to make a thien for one of my festool ctl22 to save on the the expensive bags and it would be better (small winter shop) on space if I could make the setup like a box on the box'y festool vac ...

phil (admin)

The separator "portion" has to be round, rectangular won't work.  If you could figure out some way to make a round portion that sits on top of a rectangular drop box, it would work.

How wide are the Festool sanders?

Onosan

My thoughts were to build the top either into a flat box or just keep the buttom plate rectangular so it would fit onto a square box - fx a systainer which can be clicked on the top of the Festool vacs.

Inspiration from/like the Dust Deputy for Festool - just flatter and less vulnerable to accidents

phil (admin)

The separation chamber still works best if round.

You could build your rectangular container, add your fittings in the top, and then attach something round like a plastic tub, with a baffle shape cut into the bottom, to the underside of your container's lid.

Look at the video in this thread and you may get an idea of what I'm talking about:

http://www.jpthien.com/smf/index.php?topic=796.0

alan m

i tried putting a seperator inside a systainer 5 . it was a total failure. the radius was too small  and my ct22 too powerfull. .
i built a vac sized seperater out of a small barrel . it works great but doesnt integrate well  witht he system

Onosan

Hi Alan

The info on the systainer 5 is really usefull - And yes I  studied your barrel setup closely over on festoolownersgroup.com. You prove using an 'ordinary' shopvac doable but since I only have 15 m2 in my insulated winter shop I should really like a more integrated solution.

alan m

it works great but calapse a bit. its not perfect because i didnt build the seperater to the right measurments.

there is a build over there where someone  put a cyclone on to of a systainer  . they put a box inside the sys and used that so that they could seal it better. the cyclone was fliped over and stored inside the sys.
i will try to find the link.
i will eventually try this with a baffel design.