News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

New Impeller for HF DC?

Started by DarthVader, April 08, 2011, 06:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssotangkur

Thanks JFurjanic!

Did you have any issues ordering it from Rikon? Someone mentioned that they started asking for serial numbers of the DC for liability purposes. I suppose I could always go to a local Woodcraft and just copy the S/N from one of their floor models, hehe.

DarthVader

How much was the rikon? I paid 139 for my HF unit + tax and the impeller was around 110 with shipping. So I paid more than some nicer used units on CL, Especially since I chopped up my unit after a couple of months to make a separator. I'm glad the rikon is working for you, I'd be interested in hearing more about your setup and amps pulled etc...

mickeyh

How did you get the HF unit for $139?  They sell them for $199 here and the best coupon I've found so far is 25% off.

ssotangkur

I got my coupon from one of the magazines, either wood magazine or this old house.
It looks like they upped the price since I bought it. Anyhow it also seems like ppl are selling these HF coupons on ebay too.

I found this by doing a google images search for "harbor freight coupon dust collector"

Peter

I assume the Rikon impeller promises significant performance gains over the one that comes with the HF unit.  Otherwise, isn't this a helluva lot of work to do?

JFurjanic

ssotangkur, When I purchased the Rikon impeller they didn't ask me about a serial number but I have seen that others are being asked for it.

DarthVader, I believe it was about $70 delivered. Stay tuned I hope to be getting some data about the performance level from all my mods I have made to my DC.

Peter, with an increase from 9.75 to 12 inches I believe that the performance is substantial. Hopefully soon I wil be able to collect some data to show this.

Thanks,

John

WoodWiz

I was told by rikon that the impellers are available in limited stock on their parts website.
rikonparts.com/product/60-200