Thanks Phil Thien & vawoodworker84, heres what i made.

Started by Joes Username, October 24, 2010, 10:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joes Username

Your ideas, time and effort has helped me a great deal, thank you Mr. Phil Thien.

While doing some research about Dust Collectors many blogs and forum threads pointed me here, while peeking around the forum here i came across vawoodworker84's 6" model and i like the concept and decided to make my own for a 6.5HP shop-vac.

Took vawoodworker84's idea, made it alittle smaller (2.5" ports for shop-vac) and rounded the top instead of an octagon.
Dont have any real way to test the vacuum, but "by touch" (holding my hand over the end of the hole) it seams to have close to the same suction as a direct hook to the shop-vac.

Heres some images: The "sheet-metal" is extra coil i had left over from when i re-sided my house last summer.

The "inner cylinder" is a smaller drum whihc i chopped the bottom off and inserted so the garbage bag does not get sucked out.

Nothing really too special about it, but if you want to read alittle about the process you can here.

Again, thanks so much for your site, Thien - it has been a huge help.

Vodkaman

I like the bottomless bin inside a bin idea, making disposal more dust free and simple. What is the point of collecting all those fine dust particles, if you are just going to release them into the atmosphere when you pour into the plastic bag.

I am going to steal that idea.

Dave