trash bags in top hat setups?

Started by Joe Caff, April 15, 2018, 02:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Caff

Is anyone running a top hat with a trash bag in the can for easier emptying?  My barrel is not the "pickle" style, so I don't forsee getting the bag out being a problem, but I'm curious if there's any chance it would get sucked up into the top hat and from there, the DC.

RobHannon

Yeah, you will need something to hold it in place. Something like this would probably work https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lawson-Products-Easy-Bagger-Lawn-Yard-Bag-Holder/44104928 or could be easily made if you had access to some flexible plastic.

Joe Caff

Yeah, that's about what I was thinking.  Thanks!

Ex-Tex

My trash container solved the bag problem by putting the bag on the outside of a bottomless 55 gallon barrel (plastic). The bag is held up using a bungee or a large rubber band. To empty the contents,I only have to remove the bungee and lift the barrel up out of the bag, leaving the collected contents intact. Then turn the barrel upside down and slip a new bag down over it. Install the bungee and flip the barrel right side up and install it.
This method is used with a 5 Hp ClearVue cyclone, and I have never had a bag sucked up. Works flawlessly!
Will work with containers smaller that 55 gallon also. Don't forget to remove the bottom of your container.