News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

CAn I ask questions about the new jig here?

Started by bbain, May 30, 2017, 01:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbain

Just saw the new dowel jig, looks good so far.  Can it be configured to do dowel holes in a panel, like if I wanted to dowel shelves together for a bookcase?

phil (admin)

If you wanted to drill hole into the center of a panel you'd need to remove the template and clamp it directly to the panel.  Absolutely doable but you may want to wait for me to update the page on using the drill bushing with templates you create yourself.  I should get that up on the site in the next week or so.

bbain

Awesome.  I currently have one of the not so self centering dowel jigs you describe, and would love to get something more versatile.  Once you post more info if it ticks all the boxes I am looking for I will hopefully place an order.  I am guessing there will be a bit of a shipping charge to ship to Canada.

phil (admin)

I've just now updated the page again with how DIY templates work, so check that out.

For shipping I've been doing padded envelopes via USPS, is there a way to do that to Canada that doesn't add a bunch of shipping?

bbain

usps is the best way to ship to Canada, at least from our perspective.  Shipping with ups or fedex usually results in hideous brokerage fees (more than the cost of the item purchased)
You may have to fill out some customs forms, but where it is such a low value item, you may get away without too much paperwork.

phil (admin)

I think we put $2.70 of postage for shipping USPS in the US.

Something like eight ounces.

I'll have my wife figure out how much to Canada, if it is only a buck or two more I can absorb that.