News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Delta 50-786 Thien Baffle

Started by Farmgopher, March 24, 2017, 08:03:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmgopher

I recently built this Thien Baffle for my Delta 50-786 dust collector.  I mocked it up in Sketchup and then tweaked the design as I went.  Had some scrap marine grade plywood that I used for the top and bottom, which is very smooth and works well.  I used 1/8" thick acrylic around the sides of the separator chamber as well as on the top and bottom of the entry transition.  My transition isn't a perfect round to square, it is more of an octagonal to square, but it seems to work fine. 

Building this baffle with this style dust collector was a challenge, but luckily the plastic collector bag distorts out of the way.  The entrance pipe is 4" and the exit is 6" with an air straightener made out of rockler t-track packaging. 

I wanted to be able to remove the trash can portion without having to lift the baffle and dust collector so I came up with this wedge design.  The trash can itself is attached to a sheet of plywood with a large hole in the center and then I made an angled frame around the outside.  I put weather stripping on the underside of the top wedge to help make it airtight. The trash can is sitting on a yet-to-be-improved castor wheel cart.  The whole thing just rolls under the baffle unit it is wedged tight. 

Lastly I added a little window so that I can see how full the trash can is, and what happens to the dust after it falls below the baffle.  All in all, it works well, I think.  Thanks to everyone on this forum for the information on how to do this. 

Farmgopher

Farmgopher

Transition

Farmgopher

Wedge

Farmgopher

Air straightener