Need help designing my DC system

Started by Tjdux, February 10, 2017, 11:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjdux

I'm in the process of designing my DC system. I have already bought the "2hp" harbor freight unit because that's all the budget I have for one. I do plan to run 4" pvc ducting with blast gates and the whole works. That part I feel I have a decent handle on.

Here is where it gets tricky for me. I'm running out of floor real estate quickly. I would like to hear of examples or thoughts of people putting their DC units up in the rafters or on the walls.

I want to run a thein baffle chip collector. I am also considering venting out a window if I go wall mount or possibly a Wynn filter for attic. Or could I mount the dc in the attic and run ducting out the window without compromising suction. To run that duct would take at least 1 maybe 2 or 3 90 degree corners.

Next, I hear thein baffles tend to stop so much chips and large dust that the bags hardly fill up at all. If I put it in the rafters i definitely don't want to be up there changing bags like ever or at least not often. I would leave the chip barrel on the floor. How far could the thein baffle container be from the DC unit and still be effective?

Also if I vent outside I don't even need a bag right?  How much mess does venting outside create?  Also I live in town and I have kids as well.as my neihbors.  Is venting outside dangerous as far as dust in thr air or will it spread fast enough not to be a problem?  Obviously youwouldn't want to play right under it but as long as your a bit away?

Currently I'm leaning towards trying to keep everything within the footprint of the 55 gal drum I plan to use as the separator and window vent because that seems easiest and cheapest.

Thanks for any advice.