News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

new filter supplier

Started by Bridger, February 08, 2017, 03:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bridger

I did some searching for suppliers of pleated filters. Of course the current gold standard is the Wynn, reasonably priced at $200. I saw references to using large diesel truck air filters, so I did some searching down that path, but got nowhere. I found a company, Killer Filter who makes filters, so I called them to see what they could do. I showed them Wynn's page. they said... let me get back to you. what they came back with is their brand new (since my inquiry) model 114-7449.
it is less stuff than the Wynn in that it is the filter only- no hold down hardware or lid, but that stuff is easily enough fabricated by woodworkers who are willing to tinker with their dust collectors. for me, the price difference is worthwhile. I ordered it. when it comes in I'll report back.

disclaimer:
I don't work for Killer Filter, Yadda yadda. just found what looks like a good deal.

Unit Price: $ 131.25 discounted from $161.25. they said they would give this price for users here if you ask for it.

Spec's 17.59" OD x 12.233" ID x 23.00" HGT 222 Sq. Ft ICF-15 Nano-Fiber Media, Inner & Outer Core, 5/8" x ½" Gasket installed on Outside Diameter, Open/Open

Freight Terms:  FOB Louisville; pre pay & add
Lead Time: 7-10 days ARO
It's a MERV 15 rating.    It performs at 80-95% on the 1 micron or less size.  The E1 test result for initial efficency % on .30-1 micron size 88%.

reach them at:

Killer Filter
1213 W. Flint Meadow Dr.
Suite 4
Kaysville, UT 84037
Phone: 888.950.7248  Fax: 888.912.6789
johnwest@killerfilter.com

hope this helps someone.
  Bridger

Carl

Thanks for starting this thread Bridger.

I have also looked for alternatives and read about someone using heavy truck air filters (the are similar in size to what we need).  In my pursuit I came across Donaldson Torit P190817-016-436 or P190818-016-436.  These filters have a13.84-inch outer diameter and a 26.00-inches length, with a 2.00-inch pleat height.  Open at both ends with rubber gaskets with a continuous outer layer of 0.2-0.3 micron .  I bought 2 from ebay for $80 or less in the past year.  I also came across  this supplier (https://www.systech-design.com/product/donaldson-torit-p190817-016-436/) who sells them new for $89.  It appears these are actual Donaldson filters as many filter suppliers (like Killer Filter) make equivalent parts that fit the original manufacturers part, but are not original manufacturer parts.  I have never ordered from systech, but they seem to have the best price for those models.

Hope that also helps with an alternative

Kelly Bellis

@Bridger & Carl
Thank you for the information.